- Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
- Bruce Wayne: Why?
- Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit - the fear of death.
- Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it.
- Blind Prisoner: Then make the climb.
- Bruce Wayne: How?
- Blind Prisoner: As the child did. Without the rope. Then fear will find you again.